4/20/2005

Checkerboard Wave Serpent

I've had a Wave Serpent just sitting around for ages, and I decided that it was time to paint it. I've had a white/gold/red/black paint scheme for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to keep with it as best I could... but was out of ideas. Finally, I remembered something I saw in a White Dwarf that gave me a little inspiration... so here it is

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

The only real "trick" is I took a plastic net bag (which came from a box of clementine oranges) and stretched it over the vehicle, and then spray bombed it with red. After drying, i did the same thing with black. Then red again. Then I added some details and this is what we ended up with. There's a lot more left to do, but I like what's happening so far.

The pics aren't so good, as my digital camera has gone missing, so I used the one in my PDA. It'll do for now.

No comments: