11/24/2005

From Now On I Only Paint Things Which Start With "W"

Wraithlord. Wraithguard. Wave Serpent. Warlock. War Walkers.

I didn't plan it that way, but that's how it worked out.

On the one hand, I don't really want to start a new army. Neither do I intend to. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the painting I'm doing right now. The new Wraithbone techniques that I'm employing, while simple, are really giving me a look that I savor. The way that the ink and paint create an organic and almost "breathing" feel to the wraithbone just rocks my world. Add a little blue and yellow and it's even more luscious.

I have decided, therefore, that I am going to paint until I don't feel like painting anymore. If I paint five models and lose interest, so be it. If I paint ten and lose interest, that's fine. If I do enough for a kill team, fine. If I finish a combat patrol, that's also fine. If it becomes an actual army (I suppose it'd be Iyanden if it did), then great.... though, seriously? I know what goes into painting and entire army, so don't count on that happening. Still... between the painting of the Farseer for that contest and the Wraithlord I did for interest sake, I have a lot of enthusiasm for this particular direction and, seeing as I haven't had much enthusiasm for a while, that's good news.

No comments: