11/22/2006

Painting List

There's this thing that happens when you acquire a whole bunch of models at once: You put them all out on a table and look at them and feel a swell of joy. Soon, however, your smile melts away as you realize that you have to assemble and paint them, and how much work that's going to be. I took a good look at what I have to paint right now, and I think I've come down with a case of hives just from reading my own list.

HQ
To paint:
Limited Edition Autarch
Farseer
Prince Yriel of Iyanden
Eldrad Ulthran
3 Warlocks
Farseer on Jetbike

Troops
To paint:
9 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch
7 Jetbikes
7 Rangers
1 Heavy Support Platform

To assemble and paint:
18 Dire Avengers, 2 Exarchs
3 Jetbikes

Elites
To paint:
8 Howling Banshees, 1 Exarch
5 Wraithguard
9 Fire Dragons, 1 Exarch

To assemble and paint:
9 Striking Scorpions, 1 Exarch

Fast Attack
To paint:
9 Warp Spiders, 1 Exarch
9 Swooping Hawks, 1 Exarch

To assemble and paint:
3 Vypers

Heavy Support
To paint:
Wraithlord
2 Fire Prisms
2 War Walkers

To assemble and paint:
Wraithlord
1 War Walker

Will I get them done? Of course. Will I enjoy it? 75% of the time I'll enjoy it very much... the other 25% Well, you know how it goes.

What I'll do is make up a lit and then paint what I need to fill it. Over time as I adjust lists and change my approach, I'll paint more.

Yep. That'll work.

(Good Lord)

1 comment:

Jay MG said...

Well so much for seeing you post new things...you'll be stuck painting!

I'm glad you're back - I need my daily dose of sarcasm - and you're an excellent source. How else will my arse-holishness be powered?