11/07/2006

Poor Derek

So I was at the Bayshore Games Workshop last night, and I ran into my old pal Derek. He's a huge Ultramarine fan and has tons and tons of models, and we always end up talking about our respective armies when we get together. I decided, for the heck of it, to ask him about how he likes to transport his models, and he said he likes the Games Workshop cases a lot. I asked him which cases he had. He said this:

"I really want the big hard one because right now I only have the big soft one", and then went on to explain why sometimes the models don't sit right in the big soft case because the walls move and sometimes let the models drop to the bottom.

"What was that you just said?" I asked him.

"I want the big hard one because I only have the big soft one" he replied.

I called Red Shirt Adam over.

"Now tell me again," I said to Derek. "You really want the...."

Derek, who had already figured out what I was doing, murmured through his teeth... "big hard one", he said.

"Cause you've already got... what?"

"The big soft one" he replied.

"I think I've heard enough." I told him.

Poor Derek. He needs better friends.

No comments: