4/25/2006

Scorpions & Blast Holes

I'm not doing tons of posting here because I'm not doing tons of work on Warhammer stuff. I did assemble my Striking Scorpions and primed them, as you can see here:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The one that's partly painted sort of looks like a certain kind of superhero, but he's not quite done yet. There'll be Wraithbone and other goodies all over his Scorpion hide when I'm done.

Another thing I'm doing right now is roughing up my terrain. You all probably have seen and remember my Great Big Eldar Table by now, so I won't go into a lot of detail there... but I have been carving blast holes out to make it look more abused and war-torn. You see, I'm finding the overall look of the table is slightly disunified and lacks cohesion. I'm working on bringing all the peices together so they look like they belong on the same board. Part of the way I'm doing that is to make them all blasted and pock-marked so that they all appear to have been part of the same battle (whereas before some parts were given battle damage while others were clean and untouched). There'll be more on this later.

To make the blast holes, I tore up the foam with a needle-file and then dug the extra out with my thumbnail. I then filled them with watered-down glue and poured in some sand. Tomorrow, when they're dry, I'll seal with more watered-down glue.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

One thing I also have to do is finish dry-brushing both sides of the table. One side is done, the other isn't. As you can see, the one to the right is Black-> Shadow Grey -> Bleached Bone -> White. The one on the left is just Black and Shadow Grey.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'm also going to try to paint over the pink parts that show between the two sides because, well.... that looks kinda... you know.

No comments: