12/28/2006

Getting by with a little help from my friends

I had Keith and Matt over last night. We ate a ton of Indian food and I believe a sandwich made from Italian proscuitto and a fresh bagel was eaten.

I did some airbrushing of Matt's models, which I think he appreciated, and I think Keith left with a pocket of stuff he swiped from my bitz box.

Later, I was rooting through two units that were giving me huge trouble: My Warp Spiders and my Swooping Hawks. The trouble came from me trying to determine what color base-coat I wanted to give them. The standard red/white/black/ for Warp Spiders and turquoise for the Hawks wasn't doing much for me. I suggested to Keith that I do the Hawks in yellow as an undercoat. Before the words were even out of my mouth, he replied with "Death Canaries!", thus showing me the error of my thinking. I thanked him for that.

I asked Matt what he thought and he made some suggestions that instantly resonated with me: Shadow Grey for the Spiders and Scaly Green for the Hawks.

And that's what I'm gonna do.

No comments: