5/13/2005

Dark Eldar

I played a game against Dark Eldar a while back and I found it to be a very educational experience. I already knew that if the Wytches touched down in the vicintity of my troops that said troops would get torn to shreds (btw: They did, and they did), but I learned a fair amount about what other models could do and gained a whole lot of respect for the savage beauty of that army. The problem, however, is that I'm not a fan of the models. I don't hate them outright, mind you, but they don't have the inspired look that you see in Eldar or Tau or Witch Hunters, etc. I don't think anyone would say that Dark Eldar are Games Workshop's proudest line of miniatures. I certainly wouldn't. On the other hand, I think the Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbike is a thing of gorgeousness. The photo doesn't do it justice, but when it's done right it's simply drop-dead beautiful.

I've decided to start a very low-key project of creating a Dark Eldar army. I've received a ton of cool bitz from various friends, including Dark Eldar bitz, Dark Elf bitz and old weapons like the old Eldar Fusion and Flamer Gun. I'm going to use these bits and pieces to create my own Dark Eldar army. See, I'm not really fond of Dark Eldar Warriors (the models, I mean), so I'm going to attempt to convert and bash together my own army.

I'll keep you updated, of course.

No comments: