5/22/2005

Golf Course Of Doom

My Ulthwe Strike Force against Christian's Necrons on my giant playing table that kinda looks like the Jack Nicholaus Open. 1500 points: First game was Seek & Destroy, and I won. Second was Recon, and I won that as well.

Trotted out the War Walkers and used them instead of Dark Reapers. I just wanted to try it. First game I loaded them with Bright Lances (though there was no Monolith, so that sucked) and the second game I loaded them up with Starcannons (and there was a Monolith, but it didn't suck because... hey, Starcannons).

I'm going to just go ahead and admit it: I cheesed out on the Starcannons. I didn't notice that I was doing it because it was a list I'd been tweaking for days and the little buggers just "crept" into the roster. Christian is a good sport and didn't give me any hassles, but maybe next time I won't take 11 Starcannons in a 1500 point list (I am a bad, bad man).

The real heroes of the day, however, were the Seer Council. I have really hit my stride with that particular unit and have gotten used to using them as the tip of my military spear. I really like them because not only will they pack a powerful punch in their own right, but having them on the tabel adds to other units' effectiveness and longevity. It's interesting to use a unit whose effectiveness, because of the psychic powers such as Guide and Fortune, isn't measured in how many points they kill in a game.

Watching the Seer Council slice open the Monolith was a thing of beauty, by the way.

Anyhow, here are some pics:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

By the way, when I finally get my Seer Council completely painted then pics like this are going to be just so much more striking. Don't you think?

No comments: