12/19/2005

Nurgle Happens

Today I played Lawrence in a 2000 point game of Cleanse (Omega). It was an interesting game: My first time against Nurgle, his first time against Ulthwe Strike Force.

The thing is... Nurgle is different than the other three forms of Chaos (not including Undivided), so there wasn't tons of guesswork involved. Ulthwe Strike Force, however, is quite different than garden-variety Eldar. Lawrence used to play Eldar so he shouldn't have been that surprised, but it still seems to be a shock to people when they first see what USF can do... especially where shooting is concerned.

A few things definitely went his way. His Defiler did some grade-A guess-range damage (for which I had no save), and that's worth a lot against me. My War Walkers, Dark Reapers, Seer Council and even my Vypers did some terrific work out there, though, and I corked his Predator, Deadnought and lots of Marines real early so I had time to sit back and relax and whittle him down. In the end I won, holding two table quarters (one other than my own) and him holding one. My victory points: 1250. His: 325.

Nurgle happens.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: