12/23/2005

Two Games

The St. Laurent Games Workshop store has a Battle Bunker and, with Christmas so close, the mall is open hella late (11 PM). I took advantage of that to get some games in. The first was a Challenge Game (read: cheese-fest) against Bunny Of Doom's Orks (he's also known as James). There's really no way to soften the report on this 1000 pt. Gamme take-and-hold mission: I pummeled the poor guy. He's a good sport and didn't utter a single word of complaint, so he gets points from me for that... but it was a challenge game. I brought my A-game and put him in the pain locker.

The real shame is that a lot of my pics of his army were too blurry to post. Sorry, James :( I'll get more pics next time.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Later I played against Daniel, who is a new 40k fan who is playing Sisters of Battle. We had a 1000 point game of Omega Seek and Destroy, and I didn't bring my A game; instead, I took mainly troops (Dire Avengers, two squads of Guardian Defenders without platforms, and a big Storm Guardian squad), some HQ (two Farseers) and a Heavy (a Wraithlord). I did beat him, but it was a tight game with lots of shooting, lots of hand-to-hand and lots of swinging back and forth. I won by a small margin and it was a lot of fun. My first game against Sisters, too!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: