5/10/2006

How I Spent My Night

If you recall, I have this tray of projects on my to-do list (detailed here), and I sat down last night to try and plow through them. Well, there were some projects I did a bit of work on... and some I avoided altogether. It reminded me of how I used to tackle homework assignments I didn't want to do; sit down with the book, sharpen every single pencil, stack books and papers tidily, prepare cup of coffee to perfect cream/sugar ratio, set out calculator at perfect square angle to papers and books, select proper eraser very carefully, write name and date on top of blank sheet... next thing you know, 6 hours have gone by and I still haven't really done anything.

Well, that's not entirely true.

I worked on this Farseer, which is actually a conversion from a WHFB Elf Hero fig of some sort (I didn't check the package.. so sue me). I got his base coat done... all the highlighting and shading and detail come soon.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I also worked a fair amount on the D Cannons and the Support Platforms which carry them, though not the crew (yet).
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The Striking Scorpions need a lot of work (I'll discuss that later). I did paint their bases with Graveyard Earth (the bottom layer of my sandy base scheme). I also painted some of the Ultramarine doo-dads that are part of the base scenery. The final product (as is more or less represented here) requires that I put a Snakebite Leather basecoat down under all the armor plates. I was working on one of them and realized I was painting the undercoat with Graveyard Earth, not Snakebite Leather.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

After that, I decided I needed a cup of coffee to restore my confidence.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I also worked on some weapons. My single Scatter Lasers (intended at present for the War Walkers) were primed and then given a Snake Wash.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I did the same thing to the Twin-Linked Scatter Lasers and Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults (for the Wave Serpents).
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Time out for an SMS text message to my girlfriend:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Speaking of War Walkers, I painted up the War Walker legs with some Bleached Bone (doing a whole War Walker at once is incredibly tedius, so I do it in stages). I also colored the War Walker Guardian pilot's visor black. What the heck.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Doesn't seem that bad a night, huh? Well... see... the problem is, I still have all these primed, unpainted Striking Scorpions staring me in the face.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

*Sigh* Looks like I did that thing with the straightening of paper and sharpening of pencils again...

No comments: