5/05/2006

More Of The Same

Yes, I realize you're probably getting sick of news about blast holes and sand and whatnot... but I'm working on finishing this stupid table, so sit still and take it (and besides, there will be cool stuff later).

Made a bunch of scrapes and holes in the otherwise perfectly nice foam table I did.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I filled the hole first with watered-down glue (about 1:3 glue:water). I didn't even "paint" it on; I just poured it in (with masking tape around the edges so it didn't roll out). Then I poured coarse sand on top. Later, I put more watered-down glue and added some finer sand (also around the hole) as well as some plasticard "tiles" that would look like they were blown off the ground (this effect was helped along when I burned the edges of the plasticard tiles with matches).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sealed it with more watered-down glue (it's better to put on too much than too little), painted it all black, drybrushed Shadow Grey (color-matched by Canadian Tire), Bleached Bone (about half a pot of GW product) and a dusting of Skull White (which is great for drybrushing).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This part of the table is done. Once I do the other one, the whole thing will be done and I can move on to finishing up the scenery and Cityfight stuff.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Oooh, baby.

3 comments:

Corey Tamas said...

Well, aren't you a nice fella! THanks for the kind words.

The table is 8'X4'. Pretty big.

I've got sketches and stuff of the Cityfight concepts, but I'm going to hold off until I actually see the Cities of Death rules... because I don't want to build something that turns out to be crap when you're actually using Cityfight rules with it.

There'll be more to tell you about before long, of course :)

Unknown said...

Hey can you contact me via e-mail. I talked to my local gaming group and we eant to see what your prices are for some work that we have you do if you like.

You can get in touch with me at gundamb@gmail.com

Unknown said...

man I cant type...fat fingers :)

OK let me try this again..

My local gameing group want you to create a game board and some terrain for us. But we want to see what you would charge for the project. So if you could please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks!