I played a game today against my friend Bill at a store called Megapower Games (in Kanata). Megapower, like Games Workshop, invites gamers to come play at the tables in the store, but Megapower doesn't have rules about how well your models have to be painted (whereas Games Workshop does), and because Bill and I both have models that aren't quite done yet we sometimes take our games there. Nice guy owns the place, too.
Bill plays Chaos Undivided and calls his army The Black Storm (in the same way I call mine Deiminn-Sinn). We played a 2000 point game, and I liked that; Bill is an experienced player with a sharp mind, so a 2000 point game flies by pretty fast. I won this game, but like most of the games I play with Bill it was a real squeaker. See, Bill plays a really balanced army; a bit of fast attack in the form of Attack Bikes, a bit of heavy support in the form of Predators and Havoc squads, and the occasional bit of flavor in the form of Quint'Aan - the blue Demon thingie you'll see in the pics below. Unfortunately, Quint'Aan contracted a case of Bright-Lance-Holes-In-The-Cranium in turn one and had to lie down and take a little nap.
I changed my list a little from what I usually use: I took some more vehicles than usual and tried to rely on their firepower and speed to give me the drop on Bill. Here's a quick summary of my list:
- Farseer on a Jet Bike with Fortune, Guide, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Witchblade.
- Farseer with Fortune, Guide, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade.
- Three Vypers in separate squad, each with Star Cannon, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Field and Spirit Stone.
- Three units of three Rangers each.
- 8 Striking Scorpions plus one Exarch equipped with Scorpion's Claw in a Wave Serpent kitted out with twin-linked Star Cannons, Shuriken Cannon and Holo-Field.
- Four Howling Banshees plus one Exarch equipped with Acrobatics and Executioner. They were stuffed in a Falcon with the Farseer on foot.
- Two Falcons, each with Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Field, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stone.
- Three War Walkers, each with two Bright Lances.
I really enjoy playing agianst Bill. It's usually a nail biter until the last minute, and sometimes beyond.
Incidentally, Bill must have really liked my War Walkers, because even though he pretended to be shooting at them, he didn't seem to actually want to hurt them.
p.s. Hi Bill. :)