3/25/2006

Countdown

The time is near. You might remember that many months ago I mentioned that we have a game coming up and... it's one week from today. After much planning and corralling to get six Eldar players into one room for a megabattle, the time is upon us.

Part of the project is the creation of shrines, as I believe you might remember (if you follow this blog regularly, that is). Some of that stuff is actually underway now. You'll see that the work on the Reaper shrine is coming along. You'll might think it has little resemblance to the pic that inspired me, but in my mind the pic did actually give birth to the finished product. I just did a lot of altering along the way. You'll notice there's a scooped-out alcove and I'm going to put Maugen Ra in there, painted up to look like a statue. Last but not least, it will be covered from top to bottom with skulls, embedded in drywall compound.

Oh, suppose I should explain the googly eyes glued to every corner. Benoit gave me those last night. I'm going to paint them over as gems. For the time being, however, they look pretty funny if you ask me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Moving right along, we have a Wraithgate here. Or is that a Warp Gate? Or is that... er... I dunno.

Eldar players will recognize the familiar shape of the archway. There are various doo-dads glued to the base. Like a lot of the foam stuff I do, both the Wraithgate and the Reaper shrine will look a whole lot better once they're painted.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Finally... remember these guys?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Spanky_100 said...

This is great stuff.

What the heck are you gonna do mit the dragons?

Corey Tamas said...

I'm going to work them into the Dire Avengers shrine somehow. Not sure how yet... wish me luck :)