3/20/2006

Vroom Vroom

A guy needs Wave Serpents. If you're going to tearass around with a bunch of Wraithguard, you've got to stuff them into something. Following in the same sort of design theme I used for my last Wave Serpent (which is pictured in some of the photos below, for comparison), please welcome my mostly-but-not-quite-done second Iyanden Wave Serpent:

First, you start with the cursed Bleached Bone basecoat.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Later, a Big Blue Stripe™, some gems, the usual Brown Ink wash that I always use. You know the drill.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It still needs a driver, some work on the "antennae" (or whatever they are) on the wings... but it's mostly there. I'm also considering putting a black line on either side of the Big Blue Stripe™ to make it more clearly defined and sharp against the bone, but I think you can see what I'm going for here.

There you go. The Iyanden Eldar version of the Winnebago.

4 comments:

Keith Oelrich said...

My God Corey, keep this up and people are gonna start wanting to play Iyanden. Your hobbycraft is getting MUCH better.

Jay MG said...

I like the diagonal stripe, it will help to diferentiate the different vehicles.

Cole said...

Eldar eh? Not as good as the imperium...lol. Kewl painting, Keep it up!

Baast said...

Imperials eat man-weiners.