1/07/2007

The Fusion Gun

My name is Corey. And this is my Fusion Gun.


I got it at Canadian Tire, on sale, for $12.99. It's like a blow-dryer, except about a squillion times hotter. Some smartymen use it to make depressions in foam that can be filled with water effects and turned into ponds.

Here's the chunk of foam that I used for my third and final "tester" table. You'll notice I have three "ponds"; one deep, one shallow, one medium. Just to see how that went.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Covered with sand, it's hard to see where the ponds are... but there's one of my Fire Dragons.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

You'll see that I put some GW gravel at the bottom of the pond areas (as I am applying Bestial Brown). I thought this was a really good idea until I realized it would cause MORE bubbles...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

As you can see... we have results. Still some bubbles, but it's ok as far as I'm concerned. I sprinkled a bit of GW flock into the water efects as it was drying to make it look a little more shmutzy. Welcome, by the way, to Galadriel, who was painted by my daughter, Dora.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The winner of the water effects Pepsi Challenge, btw, was Woodland Scenics.

No comments: