6/08/2006

Dark Angels

Played a very enjoyable game against Brent's Dark Angels yesterday. The mission was quite unusual, as well: It was a variation on "Secure and Control", but we played with with live Khorne Berzerkers. See, during the Forge Primus Campaign, we've found ourselves in the Vulcanis region where the place is positively crawling with Chaos. Both Brent and myself see Chaos as a bigger enemy than we see each other, so the mission included plopping about 7 Khorne Marine figs around the table and moving them around. Each had 2D6 movement every turn (to represent their Blood Lusted move) and. if this put them in base contact with either Brent or myself, we'd play the assault out as it normally would go. Casualties from Khorne were rather low; only Brent lost a few models, but it did add an interesting dimension to the game that we both enjoyed. Once a Khorne Berzerker was subdued, he was dragged around like an objective counter, representing the fact that he was being taken back to "base" to be "questioned".

As for the actual game, I handily lost. I don't know if it was pure dumb luck (where Brent got first turn and did most of his damage at that point) or if it's old-fashioned stupidity (where I put too many Eldar in close quarters while a Whirlwind was on the table), but that first turn really tipped the balance for me and I never really got my groove back. Little things like just being a few hairs the wrong way so that snipers could pick me off from behind cover or, as I said, clumping too many models together... it all cost me too much too soon. In the end of the game I did manage to do a little damage behind enemy lines, but nothing substantial. By the time I managed to take out his Librarian with a squad of Striking Scorpions and a Farseer, had about 5 dead Khorne Berzerkers in tow and had easily won the game.

It was fun, however; after the initial shock of losing so many troops, Brent and I had some great laughs and a couple interesting maneuvers. Great player. Would play again. A++++++++++++.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

In other news, the camera seems to turn my Enchanted Blue Eldar into Sky Blue Eldar, this making them look much more poncy and effette. I don't get it.

No comments: