8/06/2005

The Dumb Things I Do

I had plans to go to my girlfriend Lori's house this weekend, but they didn't work out. In a fit of desperation to fill the hours, I put out a call for anyone who wanted to play against me to step forward, and I would accept the invite. I ended up with seven games scheduled over three days. Today was the first of those three, and I have short-and-sweet battle reports to share about them.

David's Black Templars
2500 point game against David, which ended up being a Seek & Destroy mission (all three of today's games were, actually). David has always had a hard time against my Eldar and, despite the "handicapped" nature of Ulthwe Strike Force, he still took a hard fall with a major victory going into my pocket. David was and always is a great sport about everything and is a pretty decent player to boot. We had some fun and I hope to play him again before too long.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Gub's Orks
His real name is Ryan, but he prefers "Gub". This 2000 point game was interesting for a few reasons: a) I played Biel Tan, b) He played Orks, c) I had 20 models on the table (including my Scorpion Mark II Tank, d) He had 144 models on the table. Despite the disparity between his model count and mine, I easily put him in the pain locker, losing only three models through the whole game. Best quote of the day? David saying "Eldar tanks are hard to kill." Gub replying "For you, maybe". End of turn six? Five Eldar tanks flew away without so much as a scratch on the paint...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Benoit's Eldar
I regret not being more awake and fresh for this game: His Iyanden against my USF at 2500 points (I used the same list I used on David, btw). It was a very enjoyable game for many reasons, two of which being Benoit's great skill at the game and the gorgeous way he paints his models. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no Golden Demon winner or anything, but when I first met Benoit I thought his painting was "Okay". In the two years since then his ability has skyrocketed. Just look at some of the lush, smooth painting he's done on his Eldar. He slammed me hard (it wasn't a crushing defeat, but... it wasn't a really close game, either), but we had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed that game.

Man... Eldar are hard to beat.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I have two games tomorrow (Saturday) and two on Sunday against Tau, Tyranids, Imperial Guard and Space marines... so come back to get more battle reports after those games are wrapped up!

No comments: